LocationRutherford, NJ 07070
If you’re looking for a special place to build or grow your career, you’ve found it. Whether you’re an experienced professional, a recent college graduate or somewhere in between, IDEX is a place where you can apply your existing skills and learn new ones in an environment where you can make an impact.
With interesting opportunities in engineering, marketing, sales, supply chain, operations, HR, finance, and more across more than 40 diverse businesses (https://www.idexcorp.com/our-businesses/business-segments/) around the globe, chances are, we have something special for you.
Airtech is a manufacturer with over $80M in revenue and a plan to develop and innovative gas-moving technologies to help solve a wide range of customer needs. We help companies in all industries and in all mechanical fields. We design, fabricate, assemble, and test customized blowers in an array of technologies. These products address difficult applications such as extreme temperatures, altitudes, chemicals, regulatory requirements, footprints and more…We have recently built a cutting edge new facility and are in the process of adding to it and improving it daily. We take great pride in our innovative staff and work environment, and in our ability to add engineering and manufacturing jobs here in New Jersey!
The Human Resources Generalist administer all aspects of HR including recruitment, benefits, new hire orientation, employee relations and HRIS/Payroll entry and maintenance. Responsible for records and processing of benefits claims and data. This role supports all Airtech employees based in the US, with the largest presence in NJ, MD, North Carolina and a distributed sales force.
Major Areas of Responsibility
- Responsible for the accurate and timely input, maintenance, filing and reporting of all employee data, including HRIS and security system maintenance.
- Process new hires/terminations respond to employee inquiries regarding benefits, policies, and procedures.
- Review and ensure accuracy of all new hire, medical, and current and terminated employee data and files.
- For assigned open positions, perform recruitment related activities including placing ads, sourcing and reviewing resumes, screening candidates and interviewing.
- Create and generate a variety of reports for internal consumption, for communication to parent company and for various regulatory purposes.
- Responsible for Workers Compensation program and OSHA reporting.
- Administer Company communication program including new hire postings, new hire orientation, internal job opportunity program, employee referral program, etc.
- Participate in the plant safety committee program.
- Act as back-up to Payroll function.
Human Resources Generalist handles other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Skills and/or Physical Requirements of Position
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written).
- Assignments require original thinking and ingenuity to solve problems.
- Excellent organizational skills.
Education Level, Specialized Knowledge, Training, Licenses and/or Certifications
- Associates or undergraduate degree in applicable field or equivalent.
- At least 3 years of prior applicable experience in a fast paced manufacturing environment.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite and Workday.
- Strong Process orientation and ability to create and improve employee related processes.
- Multilingual is a plus not required; Spanish, Russian, Polish languages.
This position guide is an outline to provide an essence of the overall responsibilities of this position. It is, however, a guide and other assignment and duties will become the responsibility of the incumbent at the discretion of the manager.
Are you ready to join a different kind of company where our people, our culture, and our commitments are centered around providing trusted solutions that improve lives around the world?