LocationRutherford, NJ 07070
About this Job
Airtech is a fun-loving and hardworking Meadowlands NJ manufacturer with a plan to develop innovative gas-moving technologies to help solve a wide range of customer needs. We help companies in all industries and in all mechanical fields. We design, fabricate, assemble, and test customized blowers in an array of technologies. These products address difficult applications such as extreme temperatures, altitudes, chemicals, regulatory requirements, footprints and more…We have recently built a cutting edge new facility and are in the process of adding to it and improving it daily. We take great pride in our innovative staff and work environment, and in our ability to add engineering and manufacturing jobs here in New Jersey!
You possess strong technical aptitude, and a passion for applying them within a QA context. You are in the beginning of your QA career and are eager to learn our system, maintain and improve upon it as you mature your own skills. You enjoy learning and sharing your knowledge and expertise with junior personnel and are good at doing so.
You have a knack for defining processes that minimize effort and redundancy while still producing optimal results. You accept accountability for your work. You keep perfection as a constant target, but know what good enough looks like.
Here Are Some Things You’ll Do Every Day
- Learn, maintain, adapt and improve our ISO 9001 quality system
- Create QA templates, as well as work, test, and inspection instructions
- Establish test criteria, determine samples size, and equipment necessary
- Manage and maintain personnel training and records
- Maintain measurement equipment such as calipers, and micrometers
- Educate personnel on quality standards and requirements
- Control and evaluate non-conforming materials and products
- Determine the correct test approaches for new products and write appropriate test plans
- Execute test plans, with an emphasis on training but a willingness to personally test when necessary
You should probably apply if you meet these minimum requirements:
- 1+ years of experience as a QA engineer
- Willingness to learn, adapt, and improve, the Airtech QA system
- Proven ability to define, document, and execute QA processes and policies
- Ability to write clear and precise templates, and instructions
- Ability to insist on a high level of quality from personnel and make them grateful you’re doing so
- Ability to train personnel in QA related matters
Bonus Points If You
- Excel at working the details while not losing sight of the big picture
- Have a technical mind and enjoy mechanical things
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline
About Airtech Culture
Airtech has a culture of ownership, creativity, and mastery. Our team is small enough to allow you to see how your work affects the bottom line and large enough to be stable. We appreciate that work schedules can be heavy, but we very much value the time you spend with us day in and day out. Our team members structure their own schedules with a focus on priorities and a plan to get the work done. You’re an adult and we treat you like one.
About Our Engineering Team Culture
The mechanical world is rapidly changing. Everything is getting smaller, faster, and more efficient. We are often the key to making the changes in these fields a reality. Our team is small but effective. Everyone gets to own something. This is an exciting time to solve engineering problems at Airtech. We value the ideas and feedback of every engineer on our team. From design, to manufacturing and quality assurance, there are plenty of opportunities to contribute and ensure we only produce products that we can all be proud of.
Salary And Benefits
This position offers a competitive salary, depending on experience, and includes 100% paid medical and 401k options.
We’ll spare you… Here are the benefits you won’t see from the other guys:
- All the tools you need. Can’t live without your favorite software or tools? We’re happy to provide it for you
- The best office space in NJ. Our brand new office and manufacturing facility very purposefully located in the naturesque Meadowlands and a mere 10 minutes from Hoboken and NYC
- Decision making. You can define and make changes quickly, no hierarchy, bureaucracy, and company politics to deal with
- Exercise. Free indoor work out facility
- Free foods days: We do company lunches, happy hours, and more.
- Vacation. Paid two week vacation every year
We’re looking to fill this role immediately.