Airtech AD Series vacuum boosters are positive displacement, roots-type blowers intended for use in conjunction with a mechanical backing pump. The AD booster pumps have a simple weighted bypass design that allows start-up from atmosphere.
The design has the following advantages:
- Pumpdown times cut by up to 50%
- Reduced capital and operating costs
- No pressure sensors, special drives or leaking seals.
- Can operate continuously at all pressures when used with a backing pump.
- Magnetic Drive Coupling provides positive seal from shaft leakage
- Vertical flow self draining in all models
- Weighted bypass ensures simple, trouble-free cut-in
- Available for applications where oxygen or other reactive gases are present
- Quiet, vibration free operation
- Simple installation, can be mounted directly on backing pump.
- Integral oil cooler on largest models for tough applications
The bypass design allows the booster to be started at the same time as the backing pump (at atmospheric pressure) as it prevents motor overload. The AD booster pump therefore assists the pumping process from the start of pumpdown.
AD Series Specifications
|Model||Displacement (CFM)||Motor(HP/kW)||Speed @60Hz||Backing Pump||Max. Ambient Temp.(F°)||Oil Capacity||Cooling Water|
AD Series Booster Dimensions (Inches)